{In case you're wondering, that means "Everyone to the table to eat!" in Italian}

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Spicy Zucchini Soup


This is one of my personal favorite soup recipes. I got it from a teacher I worked with in Fort Collins, Mary Miller. It's a great way to use some of that pesky zucchini from your garden, but I like it enough to buy zucchini in the winter to make it! I serve it with french bread.
Spicy Zucchini Soup
1 lg. or 2 sm. zucchini, washed and sliced 1/2" thick
1 lb. hot Italian sausage (I use mild, so it's not that spicy)
1 sm. onion, chopped
1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes
1 can cream of mushroom soup
Brown sausage and onion, drain. Place all ingredients in a crock-pot. Add enough water to make the consistency you desire, season with salt and pepper if needed. Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours. Serve with french bread.

No comments: