{In case you're wondering, that means "Everyone to the table to eat!" in Italian}

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Favorite Avocado Salad


I did help my mom in the kitchen a lot growing up, but I will always remember my time with Mimi, watching her cook, as a special time in my childhood. In fact, as a young teenager I cooked up a plan to someday open a restaurant with Mimi. I told her I'd run the restaurant, and she'd be the head chef (I'm sure she was thrilled about that! She went along, anyway, though). I even named our future restaurant- Mimi's Cafe- yes, I know someone stole the name from us, but this was before there were any Mimi's Cafes around. I don't know if this is actually Mimi's favorite avocado salad, but that's what she called it in the little index book of recipes she gave me when I left for college. If you like avocados, you'll love this!
Favorite Avocado Salad
2 avocados
4 lettuce leaves
3 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
1/2 cup ranch or green goddess dressing
Cut avocados in half, remove pit and carefully scoop each half out of shell. Place lettuce leaves on plates, top with avocado halves. Salt if desired. Mix crumbled bacon and dressing of choice, spoon over avocados. Serves 4. Yum!

No comments: