{In case you're wondering, that means "Everyone to the table to eat!" in Italian}

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Maryland Crab Cakes


After a late-night cooking show, I got a hankering for crab cakes, so I searched out recipes on the internet. The recipe called for fresh lump crabmeat, but I used canned to save money. I'm sure the fresh would be way better, but these were yummy anyway! I served them with my grandma Mimi's Favorite Avocado Salad (recipe below) and Dustin's grandma Patty's homemade rolls.
Maryland Crab Cakes
1 lb. lump crab meat
2 tb. mayonnaise
1-2 tsp. yellow mustard
1 large egg
salt and pepper, to taste
breadcrumbs or panko crumbs
oil and butter
Mix mayo, mustard, egg, s & p. Fold in crab meat. Shape into 6-8 patties. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to firm up (up to 24 hours). Heat 1 tb. each oil and butter in pan. Place bread or panko crumbs on a plate. Carefully place each patty in crumbs, turn over to coat other side. Cook 3-4 patties at a time over medium heat in oil/butter mixture, 5 minutes per side. Makes about 3-4 servings, 2 patties each.

No comments: