{In case you're wondering, that means "Everyone to the table to eat!" in Italian}

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Chocolate Almond Pie


This is, by far, no doubt about it, our very favorite pie. It is simply fabulous! I always make it for my in-laws, Jeff and Jullee, for their birthdays, Mother's and Father's Day. (I hope they really love it as much as they say they do!). I got the recipe from my good friend Sara Muir (it's her mom's recipe), and though I do love it being my "specialty", I finally decided to quit being selfish and share it. Just don't make it for Dustin's family, or I'll have nothing special to take!
Chocolate Almond Pie
1/2 c. soft butter
3/4 c. sugar
2 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted & cooled
2 eggs
2 1/2 c. cool whip
1 tsp. almond extract
1/2 c. slivered or sliced almonds
baked pie crust
Cream butter and sugar. Stir in cooled chocolate. Add 1 egg and beat for 5 minutes. Add remaining egg and beat 5 minutes more. Fold in cool whip, almond flavoring, and almonds. Pour into pie crust and chill for at least 1 hour. Keep leftovers (if there are any) in refrigerator.

No comments: