{In case you're wondering, that means "Everyone to the table to eat!" in Italian}

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Glazed Italian Meatloaf


My mom taught me how to make meatloaf, and I have changed some things over the years to suit my tastes, but the glaze is still all hers. It is SO good! I serve it with either baked or mashed potatoes and green beans.

Glazed Italian Meatloaf

2 lbs. ground turkey (or beef if you prefer)
1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
1 large egg
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 tsp basil
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp parsley
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 c. Italian breadcrumbs, oats or almond meal

Mix all ingredients together. Pat into a large loaf pan. Bake in a pre-heated 400 degree oven for about 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes (depending on your oven). Mix glaze ingredients in a bowl: 1/2 c. ketchup and 1/3 c. brown sugar. Pour grease out of pan, pour glaze over meatloaf and bake an additional 15-20 minutes. Slice and enjoy!

No comments: