{In case you're wondering, that means "Everyone to the table to eat!" in Italian}

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Blackened Fish Tacos


Before I found this recipe, I tried making fish tacos once before, and it wasn't a good experience. But I found this recipe in my Pampered Chef cookbook, and they are SO good! My kids even love them (except the one that hates all fish except tuna, no matter how I disguise it). They are quick and easy, too. I'm not really a white-fish lover, but these are really yummy.
Blackened Fish Tacos
Slaw:
1/4 c. sliced green onions
2 tb. snipped fresh cilantro
1 tb. lime juice
1 tb. vegetable oil
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. Cajun seasoning
2 c. broccoli slaw mix
Tacos:
1 lb. tilapia or catfish fillets
1 tb. Cajun seasoning
1 avocado, seeded and sliced
8 corn tortillas, warmed
3 medium radishes, grated (I didn't use these)
For slaw, mix first 7 ingredients in small bowl. Whisk until blended, then mix in slaw mix. Cover and refrigerate. Heat a saute pan or electric griddle sprayed with cooking spray over medium heat. Meanwhile, sprinkle both sides of fish fillets with Cajun seasoning. Cook fillets in hot pan about 10 minutes, until fish flakes with fork, turning halfway through. Flake fish into bite-sized pieces. To serve, top each tortilla with slaw mixture, fish, radishes (if using), and avocado slices. Serves 4.

No comments: