{In case you're wondering, that means "Everyone to the table to eat!" in Italian}

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Gourmet Chicken Garlic Pizza


Ever since we moved an hour away from the closest Papa Murphy's, I have been looking for a copycat recipe for their pizza of the same name- it is one of our faves. I never could find one, so I made up my own. Oh, man, was it good! The original calls for green onions, but I didn't have any so I used red. Choose the one you prefer- they are both good! *We have a new family tradition of having homemade pizza and watching a movie every Friday night, so I'll post some other pizza recipes as I make them.
Gourmet Chicken Garlic Pizza
1 15-inch pizza crust (I make my own using my whole-wheat bread recipe- one recipe makes about 3 crusts)
3/4 c. ranch dressing
2 tb. fresh minced garlic
2 c. (8 oz.) mozzerella cheese, grated
2 small or 1 large chicken breasts
olive oil
salt and pepper
1 large tomato, chopped
1/2 red onion or 3 green onions, chopped into 1" pieces
1 can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
2 tb. parmesan cheese
1 tsp. basil, oregano, or Italian seasoning
Roll out pizza dough and place on pizza stone or greased baking sheet. Mix together ranch dressing and garlic, spread on dough. Sprinkle mozzerella cheese over sauce. Heat saute pan on medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper, cook in hot oil for about 7 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Chop chicken and spread on pizza. Evenly place tomatoes, artichokes, and onions on pizza. Mix parmesan and herb of choice, sprinkle on top of pizza. Bake on 425 for about 12-18 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and crust is browned. Slice and enjoy!

No comments: